Davis-Standard has recently launched a new mid-range controller called the DS-eVUE! Introduced in January, this controller replaces Davis-Standard’s MESA III product and existing HMI (Human Machine Interface) systems.
Here are some new features about the DS-eVUE:
- solid state hard drive, which offers a slim package and flexible mounting options
- 15-inch (381mm) wide-screen HMI
- temperature auto-tuning option
- FDA-21 Part 11 ready for medical systems
- optional wireless LAN connection
- increased data tag count, which enables it to control larger systems than the MESA
- graphic overview, reports, trending, event log and data collection
- web interface for two concurrent users
- remote diagnostic capabilities
- multi-level programmable security
- e-mail notifications
“As with the MESA, the DS-eVUE combines affordability with full process control for lines with one or two extruders,” said John Clemens, electrical engineering manager for Davis-Standard Extrusion Systems. “This system allows the operator to make set-point changes, monitor line status, create and download recipes, and conduct supervisory functions such as trending and reporting. The solid state hard drive and FDA-21 Part 11 upgrades are significant advantages with this new controller.”
The DS-eVUE is powered by the Microsoft Windows® operating system with an anti-virus program, zip program and PLC interface program as needed, and SCADA foundation software. Davis-Standard offers customized applications program for controlling and monitoring the extrusion process.